Infrastructures and services:
Link Road infrastructures to motorways and road networks
- S.S. 18 Tirrena Inferiore connects, to the north, the E45 Pizzo motorway junction, about 15 km away; to the south with the E45 S. Onofrio-Vibo Valentia motorway junction, about 15 km away.
- The IRN Vibo Marina station - Lamezia terme-Rosarno line can be reached through urban roads.
- Through S.S. 18 Tirrena Inferiore you reach the IRN Vibo V.-Pizzo station - Salerno-Reggio Calabria line.
Inland Road Infrastructures
Water supply infrastructure (industrial water)
For the water supply service to ships, in the port of Vibo Marina there is a water system, with columns for the supply of water, built by the Development Consortium of the Industrial Nucleus of the Province of Vibo Valentia along the so-called quay "Fiume". There are no other sources of water supply on the remaining commercial docks (with the exception of a single point of the municipal water line with free access at the end of the “Tripoli” quay). Merchant units that need water supply must request the related service through supply tankers to be entered in the register pursuant to ex art. 68 C.N.
TIM fiber network coverage
Energy infrastructure (gas)
Absent - A project for the construction of an urban gas-methane distribution line is currently being evaluated.
Energy infrastructure (electricity)
There is an electrical substation adjacent to the outer wall of the Bengasi quay, used by the Meridionale Petroli Srl coastal depot and in concession to the same company.
Waste collection/removal infrastructure
There are no facilities for the collection of waste from ships, nor a concessionaire for this service. However, in implementation of the Ship Waste Management Plan, adopted on the basis of Legislative Decree no. 182/2003 and reviewed by the Port Authority in 2020, the Municipality of Vibo Valentia is starting the procedure for selecting a concessionaire. Currently, solid waste from ships is collected by a company registered in the register pursuant to art. 68 of the Naval Code, while, for the port area cleaning service, the relative contract is being awarded by the Interregional Superintendency for Sicily and Calabria.
Areas subject to different restrictions
The Bengasi, Papandrea and Buccarelli docks are subject to the limitations deriving from the legislation on port security and port facilities, descending from Reg. EC 725/2004 and Legislative Decree 203/2007, as well as from the security plans of port and port facilities, which provide for operational limitations and access to the quay, in constant operations of loading / unloading goods from ships subject to security.
Areas subject to customs restrictions
Customs checks are carried out on the Benghazi Quay, but there is no restriction.
Infrastructures and dock areas:
- Papandrea and Buccarelli docks: intended for the docking of petroleum vessels, for the unloading of gasoline and diesel oil on behalf of the coastal depots Meridionale Petroli Srl and Eni Spa.
- Benghazi quay: intended for the docking of cargo ships (loading of heavy metal carpentry goods using a mobile crane of the port company operating there) and for the temporary storage of the goods themselves. There are no areas, outside the quay, intended for the storage of freights.
Distinct areas for admitted activities (industrial, commercial, craft, shipbuilding, logistics, services, ...) with indications and identification of the lots
Infrastructures and areas for Quays: for commercial and passenger traffic, for dock and services, pontoons.
The Fiume quay is intended for boarding and disembarking passengers from motor ships that make daily cruises to the Aeolian Islands. There are no specific infrastructures and dedicated terminals for this purpose.
Security and control infrastructures
Unmanned booth near the main gate at the Pola quay
- Main driveway on Viale delle Industrie;
- Pedestrian gate adjacent to the “il Gabbiano” bar;
- Driveway that leads from the waterfront onto the Fiume quay;
- Driveway located on A. Vespucci street and more precisely in the side street
- existing between the Capitaneria building and the disused headquarters of the Gottellini Maritime Agency (currently closed);
- Driveway located in Amerigo Vespucci street and adjacent to the shed
- of the Marpesca company.
- Automatic driveway gate located in the area behind the head of the Bengasi bank and adjacent to the Meridionale Petroli Srl coastal depot (so-called
- Varco Meridionale Petroli), subject to port security measures;
- Driveway located in the surrounding wall of the Papandrea quay, near the center of the quay, at the height of the "La Rada" restaurant, closed with a padlock and subject to port security measures.
- Passage at the head of the Buccarelli quay, closed with a padlock for port security needs.
- Coastal depot "Meridionale Petroli Srl"
- Eni Spa oil pipeline, connecting from the Buccarelli quay to the Eni coastal depot located in a privately owned area, outside the port area.
Depots and gas stations and bunkers
Bunkering station located on the Tripoli quay